[thelist] CSS - bgcolor overrides bckgrd image (was CSS - background image keeps repeating)

Elfur Logadottir elfur at members.evolt.org
Sun May 13 17:54:41 CDT 2001

From: "sfmalo" <sfmalo at msn.com>

| Thanks to several of you who responded to my previous predicament. The
| background graphic no longer repeats (ta, da). BUT, the bgcolor now sits
| somewhat askew on top of the background graphic, destroying the design.

your background graphic doesn't repeat, and the reason it's only in the
left corner of the site is because it isn't wider than that.

The graphic you're using for a background is only 15 pixels wide.

It took me some time to realise, but what you're actually asking for is for
the graphic to tile up horizontally once, but not repeat another row
beneath.

you want
but not

this can't be done (to my knowledge), either the graphic repeats or it
doesn't.
The effect you're not satisfied with (on the front page and adult...) is
the effect you've been asking about how to retrieve. the only reason for
your dissatisfaction is actually the graphic your using.  Maybe if you
enlarge the graphic horizontally then you get the effect you want.

HTH

elfur.is || elfur.com
*the icelandic one*