[thelist] PHP: File uploads

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon May 14 05:52:18 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

I've been having problems with getting file uploads to work on my
development server at home. I'm running PHP 4.something on Linux. Everything
(MySQL, other sorts of forms etc) seems to work fine, except file uploads.
Checking with phpinfo() I see that there's no temp file dir set, but
according to the documentation, it should then use the systems default. File
uploads are enabled according to phpinfo().

The problem I'm getting is that I simply don't appear to get any form
information back at all when using ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" in a form.
That is to say that the other form elements in the form are not returning
anything to my receiving script.

Any clues from other PHP dvelopers out there?

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org