[thelist] RTF on a Mac?

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Mon May 14 14:41:51 CDT 2001

At 8:35 PM +0100 5/14/01, Sabrina Dent, Apperception wrote:
>Ahoy, The List...
>
>I'm creating a site the indexes stories for people to then download and
>read. I'm thinking about using RTF format, as PDFing all the stories is not
>feasible in this lifetime.
>
>Can people on Macs read PDF docs? I've never even touched a Mac, I'm
>clueless. I just need to create text documents everyone can read which
>retain basic formatting such as italics.

I assume you mean "Can people on Macs read RTF docs?"

If they have a word processor, or OS X, then yes, they can. Just
about any word processor can read/save in RTF.

In OS X, the default text editor that comes with the system by
default saves in RTF.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
"The courts have ruled that Microsoft has performed an illegal
function and will be shut down." -- Rewind, NPR