[thelist] flash code for buttons triggering simultaneous movie clips

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue May 15 12:37:30 CDT 2001

If I understand your question, you want six buttons each of which
will tell a specific MC to play, while telling whichever one is
currently playing to gotoAndPlay a specific frame ...

In Flash 4 syntax, you could say something like:

on (press) {
   tellTarget(/:playing_clip) {
     gotoAndPlay('whatever_label');
   }
   tellTarget(my_clip) {
     Play();
   }
   /:playing_clip = my_clip;
}

and either place each button in a MC and set my_clip from the parent
timeline, or hard-code it in to each button like tellTarget('/clip1')

Make sense?

--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963