[thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 15 14:29:51 CDT 2001

> Perhaps you or someone else would like to develop this
> idea/project further? It ties in nicely with other community
> building efforts already in place, and being developed or
> thought about.

michele, you sweetheart

that was aimed at me, right?   to get me to mention member pages?

michele knows we have a design for this already in place in the evolt
database, all it's waiting for is someone to volunteer to write the cold
fusion that will support it

the member tables are in the database that's behind the main www.evolt.org
site, tied into the user table that governs logging on to the site to
submit articles, add comments, etc.

the idea is, people who are members of evolt.org will be able to list
themselves and any information about themselves that they wish to share

for example, we anticipated that people will post things like their phone
numbers, email ids, web site urls, icq numbers, photos, birthdays, pets, et
cetera -- the early evolt admins had all those itemsand more on a static
page, which, alas, has fallen out of date...

not to worry, there's also a multi-level security scheme built into the
member pages design i can explain in more detail on "thesite" if anyone's
interested (subscribe here --
http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/thesite)

by the way, great job simon, the directory is a great idea

rudy