[thelist] Apache: ErrorDocument in .htaccess-file

Simon Templer s.templer at gmx.net
Tue May 15 14:41:31 CDT 2001

> You need to tell Apache to allow changes to the configs via the .htaccess
> file.
>
> #
> # This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
> # override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
> # "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
> #
>      AllowOverride All

I've changed this in my httpd.conf, but now I have another problem
if I'm using ErrorDocument or DirectoryIndex in the .htaccess-file I get an
internal server error! - but when I use only "order", "allow" or "deny" there
is no error...

my .htaccess contains something like this:
  ErrorDocument 404	error404.htm
  DirectoryIndex		user.php

anyone an idea?

thx