[thelist] Caching images

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Wed May 16 01:55:18 CDT 2001

I'm sending out images with an HTTP header that says
"Expires: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:19:41 GMT"

If you enter the URL of the JPG directly, and then
visit a page that contains that URL in an IMG tag, the
cached image is being used instead of a fresh copy
being pulled from the server.

I already have a workaround; that's not a problem.

I *am* wondering, though, if I am doing something wrong,
if I am misreading the HTTP specification, or if this is a
matter of a broken browser.

deke