[thelist] CSS and NN4.x series - solid border on input field

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Wed May 16 07:20:35 CDT 2001

From: "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com>

| > > http://elfur.com/penninn/index.html

| 1) Styles on form elements do not work in Netscape 4.

I knew that, what I'm aiming for in NN4 is no style at all - not even that
bordered box beneath :)

| 2) Yes, it is possible if you adjust your syntax:
|
| element {border-width: 1px;
|    border-style: solid;
|    border-color: #000000;
| }

ok, but this still doesn't work, using N4.7 on W2k.
I've updated the link above, so you can see for yourself.

I even tried if it had issues using pseudo class, but putting this definition on
the element itself changed nothing.

I'm probably going to escape it with javascript as Alastair suggested.

thanks
*the puzzled one*
elfur.is || elfur.com