New Windows (was RE: [thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed May 16 08:12:25 CDT 2001

At 03:09 PM 5/15/2001 -0400, it was written:
><snipplage>
>Oh, and I'd love to hear debate on this if people feel differently, but
>personally, if it's a link outside my site, I make it open up a new browser.
>As a user, I LIKE this, because sometimes you end up linking your way thru
>several sites and forget that at the original source there was more you
>wanted to check out.
></snipplage>

I agree, but when I read things like this I think of my father-in-law who
is quite proud of his relatively new-found computer/internet skills. I was
visiting one day and he was concerned about how slow his computer was
running. It just kept slowing down.

I took a quick peek with the intent of running defrag only to discover
about 25 windows open on his machine. All those new windows were
*disappearing* the original window and he couldn't get back to the sites he
wanted.

Now, we can't idiot-proof web sites for /every/ user, but use caution on
this one since it is also breaking the back button.

My .02 as a right-clicker,
<tamara />