[thelist] CSS 'line-height' and Crossplatform...

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed May 16 13:34:27 CDT 2001

I started working with CSS relatively recently, so I'm still fighting some
crossplatform problems. The current one which I haven't been able to work
around is related to the 'line-height' portion of CSS. Without this
line-height, the lines look squished together in IE 5 on Windows. They look
similar, but better on various Mac browsers...

Knowing what paragraphs looked like when I used *no* CSS, I set out to try
and duplicate it. On IE 5, I discovered that a line-height of 1.3 did quite
nicely - almost exactly mirrored a non-CSS line height. As soon as I got it
on the Mac though, the line spacing was horrible - far too spacy for my
tastes (tested in IE 5 and the latest iCab).

On the Mac, if I set it to 1.2, it looks pretty good, but looks squishy on
IE 5 for Windows. Blarg.

Whatever shall I do? <g>...