[thelist] Mac X PC

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Wed May 16 16:09:12 CDT 2001

On Wednesday, May 16, 2001, at 02:13 PM, Ben Dyer wrote:

> <tip type="Macintosh">
> Be sure to check out Apple's page for Internet Developers.  It talks
> about many of the issues raised on the Mac like different
> implementations of colors, fonts, CSS, etc.:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/internet/index.html
> </tip>

Another great thing about the site: An evolt member advises them on
their content. (That's me, in case you were wondering.) I'll say this
once again, if anyone has run across topics that think should be
addressed on the Apple Internet Developer site, please let me know.

Since this post is something approaching self-promotion, how bout a tip.

<tip type="for the home office">

In the course of a work day, I need access to four different OSs (MacOS
9, MacOS X, Linux, Win98). I live in a Brooklyn apartment where space is
of a premium. So to rid myself of extra monitors and wires, I've made a
couple of investments.

First, I've gone with a wireless network. The mac and pcs talk happily
with my Airport BaseStation. I use an Airport Card in the Mac, and
Orinoco PCMCIA card in a laptop, and a cheapo Addtronic ADA-200 on my
duel boot (Win 98, Linux) PC. It's great.

But my favorite discover is the Dr. Bott MoniSwitch.
http://www.drbott.com/
With it I can share on monitor and one USB Keyboard/Mouse with two
different machines (one Mac, one PC) and freely switch between the two.

I just got my ViewSonic VG150 delivered today -- 15.1 viewable inch LCD
monitor that is great.

Now my clutter has nothing to do with extra wires -- it's just the
papers I fail to file.
</tip>

-j