[thelist] Mac X PC

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed May 16 19:05:54 CDT 2001

At 01:10 PM 5/16/2001, you wrote:
> > I'd forgotten the issue per se so I went searching for it.  Now I
> > recall...I believe it had to do with the doctype declarations on files in
> > XHTML 1.0 Transitional or XHTML 1.0 Strict.  IE 5 tried to go fishing for
> > the file on w3.org and couldn't find it.  The problem was always in the
>
>Odd. I've used IE 5 on the Mac, and haven't seen that. I know that I
>implemented a workaround for Netscape 6 and current Mozilla's concerning
>DOCTYPE's - view source on gamegrene.com to see that workaround. That may be
>why IE isn't having the same problem you had...

Yeah, I have the same problem with NN6+ (Mac and PC) because it tends to
space out images for no reason other than having a DOCTYPE
declaration.  Stupid.  I usually use ColdFusion to check for it and kill it
if Netscape 6 or a Mozilla build shows up.  Although, as I look at your
site, that looks like a cool trick.  Does that work for all browsers?

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive