New Windows (was RE: [thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed May 16 19:50:19 CDT 2001

>  > If one wanted to one could actually open the new window with
>>  JavaScript and copy the history like:
>>
>>  window.open('file.html','file','copyhistory=1')
>
>and this works in which browser(s)?
>
>Not ( NN4.76 || IE5 )/( Win || Solaris ) as far as I can tell ...

Hmmm, you're right, I'm wrong ... it does not work in Nav 4.76 Mac
either, the edition of my JavaScript book was from the time of Nav
4.04 and I don't see any notes that would indicate it's not supported
everywhere from Nav 2 and IE 3 on up, but I've never actually used it
- me and my big mouth ...

However it DOES work in IE 5 Mac - maybe try this:

var theWindow = null;
function myWindow(theURL) {
	theWindow =
window.open(theURL,'','status,resizable,copyhistory,menubar,location,toolbar,scrollbars,directories');
	theWindow.focus();
}
--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963