[thelist] cookies

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Thu May 17 13:35:26 CDT 2001

cookies are differentiated by domain.  The browser sends the cookie with the
page request when the requested page matches the domain of the cookie.  So,
if the domain evolt.org sets a cookie, then only evolt.org can "read" the
cookie.

Remember, the computer doing the browsing can always read the cookie!  From
there anything can happen.

there might be some hacks that I don't know of, but generally they're ok to
use.

HTH,
-joshua