[thelist] got a minute for evolt?

Paola Kathuria paola at limitless.co.uk
Fri May 18 07:16:26 CDT 2001

"Daniel J. Cody" wrote:
> evolt needs some new stylesheets(themes) for some of our new and
> upcoming sites.. we've got the 'green' on www.evolt.org and the 'cobalt'
> on browsers.evolt.org and the 'red' on lists.evolt.org and the 'desert'
> on members.evolt.org, but we're running thin on ideas! :)

People may find my colour selector useful when coming up with themes.

Colour Navigator: http://www.limitless.co.uk/colour/navigate.lml
Given a starting colour, this shows colours "near" to it (by adding
and removing amounts of red, green and blue, hue saturation and
lightness) where you get to define what "near" means.  It's really
just a way of exploring colour.

Swatch Maker: http://www.limitless.co.uk/colour/swatch.lml
Use this either to make adjustments to a colour by hue, saturation
of lightness) or to create a set of colours to be used together on
the same page.  For a given colour, it shows 6 variations in hue,
saturation and lightness (again, you can control the variation
amount for each colour attribute) since colours which vary in just
one HSL attribute tend to go well together.

There's also http://www.limitless.co.uk/colour/preview.lml which
shows what the colour will look like as a page background with black
and white text on it (and it as text on black or white backgrounds).

(If you move directly between tools, the current colour persists.)

I added these experimental tools to my existing colour resource
a month ago.  I've been working on a new version since then and
intended to ask thelist for feedback once I'd made the new
version live; hopefully the version up there now will be useful.

Paola