[thelist] cookies

James Spahr jsp at designframe.com
Fri May 18 11:37:17 CDT 2001

On Friday, May 18, 2001, at 12:20 PM, David Prowak wrote:

> Could you explain how you'd pass cookies
> from angelinfo.com to angel-info.com.
> Since they're different domains, I'd like to
> know this is done.

You use to be able to pass cookie to a different domain by setting the
domain in the cookie header to a different domain, but in later versions
of IE, the security model prohibits this. I'm 80% certain NN 4.x will
still allow this to happen.

The only real option for doing this now is to pass arguments in the url
to the new domain where some server side logic will pick them up and set
the cookie.

James.