[thelist] DSL & Home Networking Q

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Fri May 18 12:49:03 CDT 2001

I've got a very similar setup at home:

- Win2k box (main development use)
- NT4 server box (gateway)
- Slackware box (you *have* to have a Linux :-)

The Windows boxen are quite happy with each other, I haven't got around to
networking the Linux one yet but I'll probably have a go this weekend.

Set up your gateway box as having IP 192.168.0.1, and your other box as
192.168.0.2. In the gateway and DNS settings for your 0.2 box, click on
"specify a server" and stick 192.168.0.1 in there.

Should be OK :-)

Cheers
Jon