[thelist] DSL & Home Networking Q

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Fri May 18 12:49:23 CDT 2001

|What am I gonna be needin' here folks?   A router?   NIC cards?   Cabling?
|Other junk?
|Any links for 'step-by-step' instructions to home DSL networking for the
|hardware-impaired?

I have a Win98 and WinNT networked with a LinkSys Router and a cable modem. Each
comp has a NIC card, which plug's into the linkSys, cable modem also plugs into
LinkSys. Both machines share the net connection, and can access each others
files. Once I figured out what was best for me, the actual setup wasn't too bad.

I was a total newbie when I set it up, alot of my help came from these sites

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/lan.htm
http://www.wown.com/

If you think you might want to go the router way with a LinkSys:
http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=15

HTH somewhat,
Gina