[thelist] ColdFusion Folder Upload

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Mon May 21 07:27:04 CDT 2001

> > I'm at a loss here. Can anyone please help me. What I need, again, is
> > to *upload an entire directory*.
>
> If you want to upload an entire directory field html, you are
> going to have
> to hand specify each and every file to upload, or some up with some
> mechanism to make the http requests by hand based on a directory listing.
> You could write your own program to do it, use an FTP client (that's what
> they are designed to do) or just browse to each file individually
> and submit
> a form.

A few years back I used signed scripts in Netscape Communicator to allow for
drag/drop uploads of files and folders. It worked great, but it took me
months to get it to work because of a <insert extreme curse> bug in how the
browser handled signed scripts. (This is when I began to hate Netscape. The
sad part is that the company I worked for had done quite of bit of dev. work
for Netscape, and even that didn't help us find support.)

Anyway, the point is, if your running this on an intranet with one
particular type of client, you may want to look into signed scripts. I
believe IE has a way of doing stuff like that as well.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482