[thelist] I should be flogged!

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Mon May 21 08:57:30 CDT 2001

Outlook Express has an option called "Reply to emails in the format in which
they were sent" under the Send tab in options.  It does exactly as you were
asking.  I realize that this is Outlook Express, and not Outlook, which is
what the conversation thus far has been about.  So this observation may not
totally apply.  However, there is a way to make Outlook 2000 emulate Outlook
Express in some capacities.

I don't have Outlook 2000 installed, so I can't give you exact directions.
Somewhere in the options there is a way to turn off the exchange services
and "convert" Outlook to a pop-3 only service.  In the process of doing
that, it reloads a bunch of stuff from disk, then when you come back, you've
got the benefits of 2000, but a bunch of the menu items from Express are
available... namely, Services is Replaced with Accounts.  But, maybe, just
maybe, options includes some of the Outlook Express only options.  I wish I
could research this for you, but I only have access to Win 97 :(

-joshua