[thelist] Pop-up when user leaves site.

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 12:34:02 CDT 2001

>Based on this fact, is it then possible to determine when one leaves the
>site when one is not able to read the location of the next page?

I tried this but it didn't work. It's very hard to say 'if you cannot read
out this property' in JavaScript. Suggestions are welcome.

Of course you might try using the onError event handler, but I was hoping to
find something more general. After all, onError is a dangerous event since
any error may fire it, not just the error you're looking for.

>Or is being unable to read it not a function of where one is?

No, if it can't be read out you're on a page from another server. The
problem is that you cannot read out whether or not you're allowed to read it
out <g>.

ppk