[thelist] PHP + mysql.sock

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Mon May 21 15:12:25 CDT 2001

Hi,
just grabbed php-4.0.5 for our RedHat6 box and compiled it with
./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs --enable-track-vars

Since then I get:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in <FILENAME>

Before we had php-4.0.4p1 and I compiled it with the same flags.

As it turns out mySQL saves the socket to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.
To solve the problem rightaway, I simply set a symbolic link in /tmp to
that file.

However, I'd like to get rid of that link again. So where do I need to
make a change? Should I change anything to mySQL or is it PHP that needs
another option?

TIA,
Joxn
--