[thelist] .html vs .shtml

Damien Cola damien.cola at synaptique.co.uk
Tue May 22 09:14:02 CDT 2001

PS: thanks ppk for your infos on javascript security issues.. I am not too
happy with that but I suppose it is for the good of the web, otherwise we
could go into trouble while surfing porn sites.. :-)

> How exactly do you do this using Apache? Along with this, how would you go
> about mapping other extensions. I would like to be able to map .html to be
> processed by ColdFusion instead of by apache.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

with apache, you can either go into the configuration files httpd.conf and
srm.conf (for this particular thing, it will be httpd.conf) or even simpler:
create a file called .htaccess at the root of one of your directory you want
the change to happen and write:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html

and all .html files will be interpreted as php

it goes the same with all file extensions, you just have to mess around.
Unfortunately I don't know the initial line for coldfusion, but here's a
fake exemple:
AddType application/x-httpd-coldfusion .cfm .html