[thelist] UltraDev

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Tue May 22 09:47:08 CDT 2001

Hi Don

I was actually talking about the ASP it generates rather then the HTML.  I
recently helped someone who was having trouble getting a bit of UD generated
code to do what he wanted it to do.  Whilst I was looking at it I saw -
multiple recordsets where only 1 was needed, iteration through recordsets
rather then through array's using GetRows and all the ASP and HTML was mixed
up together.  All things which, in my book anyway, are bad practice.
Speaking to a guy at a MM roadshow in London last year he confirmed that
it's really just aimed at webdesigners who want to be able to do some
server-side work, rather then at developers who work mainly on the server.

Unfortunatly I really don't have time to get to grips with a new coding tool
unless I'm going to see a dramatic increase in my productivity as a result.
And nothing I've seen of UD suggests that it will be the case.

Norman