[thelist] PHP MySql

Michael Wolfe wolfboy69 at earthlink.net
Tue May 22 13:48:06 CDT 2001

At 11:37 AM 5/22/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I need some direction in setting up a database in MySql.  I've no
>experience with it and am
>checking out PHP.  My host already has all this configured, which is nice,
>but the downside, is I
>can't find it!  PHP works okay...I've tested it, just don't know where to
>dump the data for
>testing...
>
>Here's the config that the phpinfo() command returned (re: MySql configs)-->

Sean,

Your host should have set you up with a login to a MySQL database.

If your host doesn't provide you with a web-based tool for administering
your database, you should check out phpMyAdmin at
http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/

It's THE web-based admin tool for MySQL databases.  Just copy it to a
directory under your site root, and put your login information into the
config file which is included with the tool.  If you don't have the login
info, your host should be able to provide it for you.

WARNING:  Make sure you password-protect the directory where you put
phpMyAdmin.  Otherwise, anyone will be able to access and modify your database.

Michael Wolfe
Senior Software Engineer

http://www.ework.com
mwolfe at ework.com