[thelist] Photos

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue May 22 15:44:12 CDT 2001

Dear List
              I have recently returned from my honeymoon and have bought a
domain name to host a vanity site with all our photos and holiday journal
for all our friends and relatives in far flung places. I intend to put the
best of our photos on a page as thumbnails, click on the picture to see it
full size etc., but I would also like to be able to have "next" and
"previous" arrows on the page so people can just flick through all the full
size pictures if they wish. How is the best way to achieve this? I can think
of 2 possible options...

1. Upload all the images into a directory and then create a JavaScript
function with the images listed in an array (not even sure if this is
possible, my JavaScript is a little rusty).

2. Put the image filepaths into a database and then call them from there,
using the primary key to keep them in order.

So, which way is preferable, or is there another way that is so blindingly
obvious I have missed it?

TIA

Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk