[thelist] dhtml menus

Elfur Logadottir elfur at members.evolt.org
Tue May 22 16:13:27 CDT 2001

From: "Fortune Elkins" <fortune_elkins at summithq.com>

| ok, marketing now wants dhtml menus. i have explained to them that these
are
| *heavy.* they want them anyway.

<snip>

| however, these require a minimum 38K download(!) just for all the
scripts,
| not to mention the in-page stuff. i have corporate clients with T1 lines,
| but still. . .

<snip>

| or am i just being a sissy? is 38k not a problem, really??

I'd never dare to call you a sissy, but I don't think you will get a
lighter script with the capabilities and cross-browser support of the
webreference script.
So if there's no way to turn them away from that solution, just explain to
them what that means, what the consequences are (in terms of lo bandwidth
customers), and then proceed.

HTH
elfur