[thelist] ASP/ADO/SQL: Is it Possible to Store a Recordset in an Application Variable?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue May 22 18:34:33 CDT 2001

AFAIK, ADO Recordsets aren't thread happy, so don't do it. A disconnected
recordset may be okay, but I've not played with it. You could do a couple
things to work around it, 1) use GetRows() and store it as a two dimensional
array, or 2) store it as XML (ADO 2.5 provides easy in-out) ...

I strongly suggest staying away from the recordset at the Application level.
--Same thing as using it at the Session level: you render your IIS server to
one thread....

sgd