[thelist] [fwd] Re:The Mail Editor in the ASP PAGES

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 22 23:01:34 CDT 2001

> From: Janet Nabring-Stager <jnabring at yahoo.com>
[...]
> On another note, but the same topic, does anyone have experience
> using CDONTS?  I finally successfully used it today, after much of the
> 'banging my head against the proverbial wall' action.  My problem was
> that the FROM field of the object HAD to contain an e-mail address in
> order for it to process from the NT server to my e-mail account.  This
> was on an intranet and the e-mail had just a text field in the FROM
> field and kept not going to my e-mail account, until I put an e-mail
> address in the field.  Is this a CDONTS requirement, or something that
> the web server requires? TIA-

i believe CDONTS requires a full email address -- @ and all...

however, ASPMail and ASPQMail exist on most ISPs that do NT
hosting, and it's relatively cheap to use in-house as well... but even
if you don't get it, CDONTS will usually do quite well on the basic
email script... just don't count on it to be robust or fool-proof...