[thelist] Re: other CSS2 question

Matt Patterson ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk
Wed May 23 04:24:35 CDT 2001

On 22/5/01 at 9:54 pm, sfmalo at msn.com (sfmalo) wrote:

> NN4.7. After the last <li> in an unordered list, I.E. displays correct
> spacing between the <li> and the beginning of the next line of text. In
> NN4.7 the next line of text "hikes up" or squeezes up so there is less space
> displayed. So would setting a specific line-height in CSS take care of that
> problem?

I don't think it will: I had similar (I think) problems with the space between
paragraphs, where I'd styled paras so that they had more interlinear space than
normal. Then, in the gap between paras this increased space wasn't honoured - so
the lines had gotten closer together. Because line-height wasn't honoured at the
ends of paras adding more didn't make any difference... the only workaround I
found was to add either margin or padding to the top of the paras, which forced
the extra space that should have been there all along...

Matt

Matt Patterson:
   Student
   Reading University
   Department of Typography & Graphic Communication

   ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk

   http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~ltu97mp/

   'Well,' said Pooh, 'if I plant a honeycomb outside my house, then
it will grow up into a beehive.'
   Piglet wasn't quite sure about this.
   'Or a piece of a honeycomb, so as not to waste too much. Only then
I might only get a piece of a beehive, and it might be the wrong piece,
where the bees were buzzing and not hunnying. Bother.'