[thelist] Apache Problem - SSI below root

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Wed May 23 15:19:55 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am having a small problem configuring Apache. (Yes, I am a newbie) I have
SSI running and I have mapped it to work with straight .htm files as well
.shtm files. The problem I am having is that it only works in the root
directory. If I create a .htm document in a folder below the root directory
and try to use a SSI, it don't work. I am trying to place the main
navigation bit of code in a document at the root and then have all other
documents (in the root or below) access and use that nav document.

OS: Windows 2000 Pro
Apache: 1.3.6

I also have another dumb question. Under windows you can not create a file
that is just an extension (i.e. .htaccess) I am assuming that you can give
the file whatever name you want as long is ends in .htaccess? (Just making
sure, don't kick me off the list for asking the obvious, please)

Thanks in advanced,

Chris

www.edigitaldesign.com
Taking Your Business to the Web

[Web Design] [ColdFusion] [Database Applications] [Hosting]