[thelist] Windows App GUI Tool

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu May 24 12:08:15 CDT 2001

Michael McGlynn wrote:

> I am a gui developer and I am entering the world of Windows applications.
> Previously I have developed ASP and web GUIs using Illustrator, PS and
> DHTML.
>
> Now that I am transitioning to Windows, I am wondering if there are any
> standard prototyping tools for this platform. Not for coding, but
> prototyping, ostensibly something that a small organisation could use for
> collaboration.
>
> So far I have come up with Supercard, but nothing Win specific.

Illustrator and Photoshop *are* available for Windows, which covers the
imagery side. As for rapid prototyping with "DHTML" - I presume you mean
things like prototyping interactions for usability testing. Seems like
Imageready and Fireworks and Dreamweaver and all the tools you might end up
using on a Mac you can also use on Windows.

Of course, I may be utterly misunderstanding your question.

    - Joe <http://artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com