[thelist] .shtml vs. .html (how to make .html + includes work with ssi)

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Thu May 24 18:24:13 CDT 2001

i know someone had asked this a while ago, but didn't see a real good
response (i don't think)

so here ya'r:

What if I have hundreds of html pages. Do I have to rename every one of them
with an shtml extension?
 To work around this problem, make a .htaccess file in your root directory,
add only this to the first line:
 AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html

That's it, and that will make the server scour all html pages looking for
SSI commands. Although, this won't work with everything as some CGI's get
messed up, but 80% works fine.

        .. matt

        .. www.sweetillusions.org
        .. matt at sweetillusions.org

        .. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer