[thelist] Form Mail

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Fri May 25 01:37:16 CDT 2001

Hi Ritwik,

there are two distinct parts to the solution you are looking for. The first
part is the "pop-up" window. This requires a client-side script to function,
which in practise means accepting the use of a little JavaScript.
Alternatively, you could open a normal browser window using target="_blank",
but then you cannot create a link to "close the window", as this also
requires client-side scripting (i.e. JavaScript). The scripting required to
do this though is extremely simple and is supported on the vast majority of
browsers.

The second part is the mail form. Here you can certainly avoid JavaScript.
Creating a mailform in PHP is pretty straightforward and you'll find a whole
bunch of usaeable scripts to choose from at various PHP sites such as

http://www.phpbuilder.com/
or
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/

Good luck!