[thelist] Form Mail

Keith Davis cache at dowebs.com
Fri May 25 01:59:16 CDT 2001

Ritwik Patra wrote:

> I am looking for a PHP script through which if someone clicks on the "Contact Us" link...It will open a separate smaller
> browser window with a form. When filled up..the sme window  will show thanks message alongwith a link to "close the
> window". I want to use this for our site www.deepalaya.org . We  do not want to use any java script.  Can anybody help
> please....

If you refuse to use javascript you can forget having a "separate
smaller browser window", that's how they are created. Unless you want to
create a ModalDialog window using Microsoft's proprietary VBScript
language that only IE4+ will understand.

Perhaps you mean that you don't want Java, which is not Javascript, two
totally different creatures....

If:
1) you will accept javascript to open "a separate smaller window with a
form"
2) you can run Perl on your server and your server has "sendmail"
installed
3) all emails sent through this window will go only to your email
address

then email me offlist. I have 5 or 6 of those kind of scripts laying
around here and I'll just send you one to use. It's easier to just send
you a working emailer than it is to explain it, actually it's the
easiest way to explain it. (But it will run on Perl, not PHP, I don't do
Perl-Handicapped-Programming)

keith