[thelist] Web design presentation process

Michael Lovitt mlovitt at oaksanderson.com
Sat May 26 16:20:02 CDT 2001

I'm writing an article on how to improve the Web design
process, specifically, on the best way to present creative
to clients. Some of the issues I'm addressing are: keeping
things like content and site architecture separate from look
and feel; presenting interactive elements like animation and
roll-overs; and conveying how the site will look after it's
been translated into HTML on various browsers and platforms
and at various screen resolutions.

I'd love to hear about how you deal with these and other
issues, and what your presentation process is like in
general: does your look and feel presentation include just a
home page and a secondary page? Do you present as Acrobats
or GIFs, or something else? What are the major milestones?
Will you make design changes after programming has begun?
And so on.

Also, one reason I'm writing this article is that I've never
seen this issue addressed in much detail in the Web design
and project management books and articles I've read. But if
you have, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Michael