[thelist] Mozzila refusing to collapse table cell to 1px

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 13:20:21 CDT 2001

> > Right, I forgot about that. Well, then I'm not sure what DOCTYPE you
>should use. But I'm fairly certain that it should be one like the above
>with a date stamp in it. I think I once saw a discussion about this, but I
>don't remember on which mailing list it was.
>
>you talking about this?
>
>http://evolt.org/article/Does_Netscape_6_Break_Your_Table_Layout
>s/17/4427/index.html

Nope, that only discusses HTML 4.01 Trans doctypes. Just the other day we
found out that a certain site didn't work properly in NN6, we changed the
doctype to the one mentioned here and it worked like a charm. When I saw
this thread I forgot about HTML vs. XHTML and suggested this doctype.

Anyway, can't remember where I saw this thread. You might try to search the
XHTML-L archive at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XHTML-L/messages , it's the
list most likely to have discussed this. I didn't find it, but I did only a
quick search.

ppk

ppk