[thelist] CSS positioning

Brad brad at beldamar.com
Mon May 28 18:27:19 CDT 2001

OK I tried this but it didn't work.

<-----Original Message----->
try taking your layers out of the table cell and placing them at
the end of your code between the last table cell and the close body tag (or
before the open body and the first table tag).  There being positioned
absolutely so it doesn't matter where they are in the code itself.  Netscape
can get a bit flaky with positioned elements inside tables.
<----- End Original Message----->

I removed the positioning and placed everything where they need to be in the
tables. So far so good. The only issue now is the dropdown menus. The
dropdowns are now showing up in NN in the top left corner of the page. And
in IE they show up in the top left corner of the first menu item.

Is there a way for me to define a relative origin for the dropdowns without
positioning the main menu items? Or do I need to go back to positioning the
main items for this to work?

When I switched the dropdowns to relative vs. absolute it threw everything
out of whack. I don't understand why it does this.
this link has the dropdowns set to relative
www.beldamar.com/daktek/index3.html
this link has the dropdowns set to absolute
www.beldamar.com/daktek/index4.html

Thanks,
Brad Miller
www.rapidfx.com