[thelist] Requesting post-layoff advice

Johannah Hubal johannah at hubal.com
Thu May 31 10:57:13 CDT 2001

Good morning folks,

Just another casualty ... my husband Jon was laid off this morning. I know
that a lot of you have dealt with this, but we are inexperienced and a bit
overwhelmed. Could you point me to some good online articles, or even books,
about what we should do? He already has his resume together and has spoken
with a couple of good recruiters. His company has been a bit vague about
severance, though, and he worked there for almost two years....so I want to
have a good idea of what this process is like. I know enough not to trust
them to "do the right thing."

Thanks in advance for links and moral support. =)

--Johannah.
(my company is still ok ... I think)

<tip>
Keep your resume up-to-date. Keep a disk handy to export your address book
and your bookmarks. You never know.
</tip>