[thelist] Requesting post-layoff advice

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Thu May 31 11:25:34 CDT 2001

I don't know of any good links to help you out, but in terms of severance,
what country are you in. In Canada, if you are laid off, they don't have to
give you anything except for any out standing holiday pay. Some companies
will give you one or two weeks, but only if they are nice.

Good Luck.

/chris

PS. What exactly are the skills that your husband has, someone on this list
may know of something. (is it okay to ask for work on this list?)

List of sites that might help:
http://www.emergit.com
http://www.aquent.com

Your local government website for laws pertaining to being laid off in your
area.