[thelist] no more font tags?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 19:31:36 CDT 2001

> From: tss24 at cornell.edu
>
> why can't i just use css? wait a minute i thought,
> nearly 75% + of people are using IE4+ and most of the
> others are using netscape 4+ also. and this number is
> just growing and growing.

what about for your audience?  is your audience using sufficiently
recent browsers to support the CSS you want?  does your client
not mind how it looks for the non-CSS browsers?  this decision
should not be just yours, nor should it be based on your coding
preferences...

given that, any steps you make toward compliant code are, IMO,
good ones, assuming you don't leave anyone out in the cold or fail
to meet the objectives of the site...

> then it dawned on me, i think i can finally get rid of
> font tags and shift towards fully compliant code,
> finally.

for many of my sites, i'm ditching them... but i have many clients
who want their sites to look exactly the same regardless of the
browser, which means i can't ditch them on those projects...