[thelist] no more font tags?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 2 09:57:46 CDT 2001

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
[...]
> for instance, out of habit i will usually do this --
>
>    body, td, p, td p, td td, td td p
>       { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ; }
>
> the repetition of the td's and p's covers the failure of early
> versions of netscape to cascade the font properly

that's thorough, at least... i define it for my <body>, and for <td>...
i'll define for <p> as well, but i mostly use classes... that way i can
call the class i want and have completely different properties for
each one without worrying about the cascade...

i also don't restrict my classes to a tag, like td.foo... with just .foo,
still trying to determine the benefits of defining a class for a tag
instead of general class, other than some specific cases where
you share with other people...

> any other good ones out there?   the simpler the better

.gif text... HAH!