[thelist] SQL Server and Cold Fusion (fwd)

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Jun 3 15:17:17 CDT 2001

martin,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Martin
:
: I'm not disagreeing. I meant that it would
: be an embarrasment for Allaire/MM if CF didn't
: support remote connectivity as it would limit
: the loads which CF-based sites could handle.
:
: And when you think about it, how else are you
: going to do loadbalancing across CF servers?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

agreed -- to me it just sounded like you were saying that in general the
database server and cf server should be on separate boxes.  i just wanted to
say that that's only necessary in very extreme cases.

<tip type="ColdFusion">

need to validate the syntax of an email address to make sure it's proper?

try this (watch wrap):

REFindNoCase("^([[:alnum:]][-a-zA-Z0-9_%\.]*)?[[:alnum:]]@[[:alnum:]][-a-zA-
Z0-9%\>.]*\.[[:alpha:]]{2,}$", email)

</tip>