[thelist] IE click border...

Matt Patterson ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk
Sun Jun 3 17:00:09 CDT 2001

On 3/6/01 at 10:46 pm, ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk (Matt Patterson) wrote:

> you *must* provide *equivalent* functionality

Good grief! I didn't actually say what the original functionality was...

The link outlines, which also apply to any objects you can interact with, such as form elements, serve to show you what interactive thing currently has the focus - i.e. is the thing you just clicked, the thing that pressing return will activate (also applies to links) or the thing you can type into... If you're navigating a page without the mouse then such things are crucial visual cues to what's going on and where you are...

Matt

Matt Patterson:
   Student
   Reading University
   Department of Typography & Graphic Communication

   ltu97mp at reading.ac.uk

   http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~ltu97mp/

   'Did you make that song up?'
   'Well, I sort of made it up,' said Pooh. 'It isn't Brain.' He went on
humbly, 'because You Know Why, Rabbit; but it comes to me sometimes.'
   'Ah!' said Rabbit, who never let things come to him, but always went
and fetched them.