[thelist] PHP and New Window

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon Jun 4 10:34:38 CDT 2001

Michael Goddard wrote:
> I am currently working on a project where people are able to submit their
> resumes online to a particular company.  Using PHP, I am able to pass the
> form variables to a new window, however, I wish to have this window open a
> certain size, no scrollbars etc...  I know how to implement this using
> JavaScript but the problem is that the form variables do not pass into the
> new window to dynamically create the page content's.
>
> Any suggestions or tips?  Can PHP create a new window with certain size
> dimensions and characteristics like JavaScript?

JavaScript's job is to do stuff on the client side - PHP could care less
about the client, it only produces what you tell it to. In this case you
want to produce html + javascript.

So your question is really "how do I target the results of a form
submission to a new window whose attributes I control"? And one possible
answer is here:

http://developer.irt.org/script/638.htm

Essentially, onsubmit, you call a new window, call it somethingUnique,
then in the "target" attribute of the form, you send the results to
somethingUnique.

HTH,
	Joe <http://www.artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com