[thelist] no more font tags?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 11:02:02 CDT 2001

> From: "Charlie Llewellin" <charliel at infohwy.com>
[...]
> I have had problems in the past defining any font information in a
> body style declaration..
[...]
> Maybe it was just font sizes that caused problems.

if you define 'line-height' in your <body> and then try to do pixel-
precise layouts (tables with some sliced images), you'll find that
the line-height attribute will take any white space and apply it,
causing your pixel-precise layouts to fall apart...

as such, i never define line-height in the <body>

on top of that, using % attributes for line-height, coupled with
nesting them, has interesting results in NN4.x... so defining them
in your <body>, if you plan on chaning them elsewhere, can be a
recipe for trouble...