[thelist] Has anybody used Clientele (a CRM)?

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Mon Jun 4 13:20:25 CDT 2001

-----
If I want to put information straight from a web form >into the database, do I need to go through Clientele? Or can I just dump it straight into the database?
-----

If it truly is just a front end for the database you should be able to go from the web to the database, after establishing a DSN of course.

A quick test would be to ask your DBA to enter some info directly into a table from the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and then seeing if the application reads that. If so you are set to go.

I can't imagine that you would have to go through the application, it would have to create some sort of index (which SQL does automagically) or implement some other pointer method.

Good Luck!

Jay Blanchard
Web Engineer
Thermon Industries, Inc.
1.800.820.HEAT x327

<apology>Last week, or perhaps the week before I needlessly flamed someone (Laurie maybe?) when 'discussing' notepad as an editor for code. For that I apologize. I hope that I was able to present clearly that the tools you are comfortable with are the ones you should use. Some might want code completion as a way to speed up coding, others can code just as fast using any old plain text editor with no features. Again, my apologies to any who might have been offended.</apology>