[thelist] System question...........

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Mon Jun 4 14:08:26 CDT 2001

i've had a nt4 server up for around 3 years straight, the most impressing
thing was an uptime (unrebooted) of 4.5 months at one point (unprovoked, it
just keeps running). yea, i did say it is an nt box -- which consists of a
celeron 333 - 384megs and about 75+ gigs of space for reference.

now running win2k sp3/exchange (nt4 and worldmail before) -- and the power
source finally decided to go out the other day. $23 and its back in
business. cheap fixes are always more rewarding that the spensive ones ...

anyhoo, the main point to all of this is that if you are really all about
having a server or a box for reliable produciton (uptime) .. build it
yourself, or have someone you know build it. i have yet to see any boxes
fail repeatedly that were built with care the first time.

of course, any win9x variant is a piece of crap and should be replaced
immediately if you intend to develop regulary/daily. (no, that wasn't a M$
stab)

        .. matt

        .. www.sweetillusions.org
        .. matt at sweetillusions.org

        .. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer