[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 23:43:13 CDT 2001

> From: "Mark Cheng" <mark.cheng at ranger.com.au>
>
> Can someone with an old browser hit this link for me?  I'm trying to
> check whether a redirect works.
>
> http://svc027.bne246d.server-web.com
>
> this should bounce anything that doesn't support
> document.getElementById.

NN3.02/win98/33.6

JS error, line 6, syntax error:
(you need //-->, you forgot to comment the comment)

JS error, lin 23:
init is not defined

- there is no link to proceed anyway...

- "These standards are designed to ensure that the web surfing
experience is consistent across all browsers, and computer
types."  well, then why won't it work in NN3?

- "Your browser is not w3C compliant, and therefore will not display
our page correctly."  you do understand that the user doesn't give a
moose's nut about the W3C, assuming the user's even heard of it...
and this text could be refined to sound a bit less haughty... in fact,
all the copy needs to be cleaned up to not offend the user...

- and then i turned of JS and enjoyed the linearized pages...