[thelist] IE DOM and MSHTML wackiness

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 5 14:14:02 CDT 2001

in need of help from those of you familiar with
IE's DOM...

in converting from the IE DOM to text (and vice-
versa) through innerHTML and innerText, MSHTML
converts DOM nodes into text and the text into
nodes... the problem we are seeing is that the
IE DOM does not appear to retain any additional
formatting information... it simply parses the
DOM out to text, ignoring quoted attributes on
numeric values, etc...

in short, we enter HTML into a control, and it
comes out upshifted and with quotes stripped...

where is the default DTD or schema that IE uses
to convert between these two formats? can it be
overridden? if so how?